Basic Woodworking for Kids: Foundational
*Pre-requisite for Participation in Basic Woodworking for Kids : Machinery
Does your child have a keen interest in hands-on play? Are you looking for a way to challenge their skills, engage their senses, and develop their creativity and problem-solving skills?
Our basic woodworking programme may be just the right opportunity for your child!
- Suitable for Ages 8+
- No prior experience in woodworking required
- Introduction to wood mediums and types in general circulation
- Identification and proper usage of basic woodworking tools
- Understanding basic construction and structural considerations
This programme focuses on experiential learning through the process of:
- conceptualizing a working project
- material selection and management
- preparation and dimensioning
- assembly and fastening
*This course is also a prerequisite for Basic Woodworking for Kids: Machinery
Duration: 3 sessions lasting 3 hours each
Dates: Selected Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays of the school holiday period
Timing: 9.30am – 12.30pm
Please indicate your child’s name upon registering for this workshop.