Basic Woodworking for Adults: Foundational
*Pre-requisite for participation in Basic Woodworking for Adults: Joinery
Are you looking to adopt a new personal hobby centred around craftsmanship and physical dexterity? Aspire to create a unique project piece, but lack the knowledge or resources to do so?
Our three-day introductory workshop encompasses the theoretical and practical aspects of woodworking, with an emphasis on the usage of accessible and affordable hand tools. The goal of this course is to equip you with the skills to work on your own DIY projects from the comfort and convenience of home.
- Suitable for Ages 18+
- No prior experience in woodworking required
- Introduction to wood mediums and types in general circulation
- Identification and proper usage of basic woodworking tools, with an emphasis on developing competency in hand tool usage
This programme focuses on experiential learning through the process of:
- material selection and management
- preparation and dimensioning
- assembly and fastening
Duration: 3 sessions lasting 4 hours each
Dates: Consecutive Saturdays
Time: 9.00am – 1.00pm
A 30min Kampung Tour and Kampung Lunch will be provided at the last session.