Basic Woodworking for Adults: Foundational
*Pre-requisite for participation in Basic Woodworking for Adults: Joinery
Are you looking to adopt a new personal hobby centred around craftsmanship and physical dexterity? Have you ever had the desire to create a unique project piece either for yourself or someone else, but lacked the knowledge or resources to do so?
Our three-day introductory workshop encompasses the theoretical and practical aspects of woodworking, and has been revised with an emphasis on the usage of accessible and affordable hand tools. The goal of this course is to equip you with the skills to work on your own DIY projects from the comfort and convenience of home.
- Suitable for Ages 18+
- No prior experience in woodworking required
- Introduction to wood mediums and types in general circulation
- Identification and proper usage of basic woodworking tools, with an emphasis on developing competency in hand tool usage
This programme focuses on experiential learning through the process of:
- conceptualizing a working project
- material selection and management
- preparation and dimensioning
- assembly and fastening
Duration: 3 sessions lasting 3 hours each
Dates: Consecutive Saturdays
Time: 9.00am – 1.00pm