GUI hopes to sow the seeds of Earth Citizenship with this programme, where students can come to change their mindsets and attitudes by working on the land. Key barriers preventing action include a reliance on the government to solve issues , and an aversion to recycling due to inconvenience and hygiene concerns. To complement climate change education in schools, GUI encourages students to overcome their inhibitions, develop empathy and build resilience, key attitudinal shifts necessary to kickstarting a sense of ownership and action.
13 to 18 years old (Secondary/Tertiary)
- 3.5 to 4-hrs Learning Journey
- At Kampung Kampus, home of Ground-Up Initiative (GUI)
- Experience hard work through working on and reconnecting with the land
- Become acquainted with environmental sustainability and the need for collective action
- Rethink the individual’s ability to confront social and environmental challenges, and thus be inspired to step up as an active contributor, not a bystander
- Start by stepping outside your comfort zone to overcome inhibitions
- Develop empathy & care for the people who do the hard work, as well as for the land that support us
- Sustain change and have a long-term mindset, rather than just a one-off action
$30 per student
Write in to us at email@example.com to inquire further!