Groups embarking on CS – Staff will build & design alongside with children
Sponsoring underprivileged children ages 9 to 14 years old
- 3 hour-session (1 hour design and 2 hours for making)
- Using carpentry tools to design and make a boat that children can bring back and play with
Craft as a platform for:
- exploring new skills
- creating without inhibitions
- experiencing the joy of creation
- stepping into a new environment outside one’s comfort zone
Life is like the ocean which comes in waves and yet at times can be still. Boat represents “hope” to enable people to sail through life. In the process of adopting a captain’s role through building their own boat, children get to learn to take charge and steer themselves through the ups and downs of life. They will also acquire a new skill of woodworking which they might find it useful later on in life.
Write in to us at firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire further!