Are you looking for a fascinating activity to adopt as a new hobby and/or do you fancy yourself potentially becoming the proud maker of all those small woodworking projects that you always had in mind, but have no idea where and how to get started?
Our three-day introductory workshop which encompasses both the basic theoretical and practical aspects of woodworking has been revised with a renewed emphasis on the usage of accessible and affordable hand tools to equip you with the know hows to set you on the path towards the realization of your own DIY projects within the comfort and convenience of your own home.
- Suitable For Ages 18+
- Designed for Novices with no prior experience
- Introduction to the wood medium, characteristics and types in general circulation
- Identification and proper usage of basic woodworking tools, with an emphasis on developing hand tool competency
- Experiential learning through the process of conceptualizing, resource management, material selection and preparation, cutting to assembly of a simple project with recycled materials provided using an array of machine and hand tool options including:
- Measuring Tape
- Drill Set
- Pneumatic Nail Gun
- Hand Saw
- Hand Plane
- Marking Gauge
- Prerequisite for ‘Level 2 In Woodworking’ programme
Duration: 9 hours over 3 sessions on scheduled consecutive Saturdays (next up: 6, 13, 20 April 2019)
Price: $380Register now